Secure Base Workshop
1 day course
The Secure Base model provides a positive framework for therapeutic caregiving which helps infants, children and young people to move towards greater security and builds resilience. The model focuses on the interactions that occur between caregivers and children on a day to day, minute by minute basis within the caregiving environment. But it also considers how those relationships can enable the child to develop competence in the outside world of school, peer group and community.
This workshop explores the Secure Base Model and its implementation in a childcare environment.
- To understand the importance of the secure base in a child’s development
- To explore this as a positive framework for therapeutic care giving
- Assist children and young people towards a greater security and resilience
- Highlight and draw upon positive care giving already within the family
- Understand and use interactions between care givers and child to build relationships
- Understand and focus practice in the 5 dimensions of secure base care giving
- Recognise the developmental benefits for children and young people
From £400 (inclusive of tax)
Price based on class of 12 students (discounts are available for smaller groups)
To book this course, find out more or discuss your requirements please call on:
Knowledgable, welcoming and helpful
Mick has provided First Aid and Men Who Foster Training for our organisation.
The carers described him as knowledgable, welcoming and helped to put them at ease.
The men said they had a fun evening whilst thinking about how to keep themselves safe. Nothing to do with the Chinese apparently !!
Thank you Mick